Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Okay yeah forget it! I'm going to rant!

I've got a Microsoft Word window open that's blank, and you know, I'm going to rant!
So I volunteer at the local library every Wednesday from 12 to 2 and then from 3:30 to 4:30. Today was pretty normal I guess, but one lady started talking to me and the conversation went like this:
Lady: So do you get high school community service hours here or something?
Me: Yeah
Lady: Do you go to the Ranch?
Me: No, I go to Tech High
Lady: Yeah is that a school for like... smarter kids?
Me: Not necessarily. It's a smaller school and kids who like a smaller school can go there and...
Lady: How many people are there?
Me: Generally around sixty students to a grade; mine has a bit less than that
Lady: Yeah I went to Rancho, and my graduating class was packed with three hundred students.
Me: WOW.
Lady: Yeah I can't imagine what it's like now... of course back then we didn't have Tech High, it was just the Ranch and a smaller school, El Camino. Is that still around?
Me: Yeah
And then pretty much the conversation stopped there and she and her kids went off (since I sit at the table for the Children's Summer Reading Book Club).
So then I had a break from 2 to 3:30, during which I listened to my mp3 player and rode around on my bike in my combat boots, arm fishnets, black leggings and black t-shirt. I went towards Safeway, but then decided to go to A&W because I had a coupon for a 99 cent root beer float. It was a bit windy and I wasn't too hot, so I decided to go biking a bit first, so I went down on this unpaved path along Copeland Creek, but then I saw people up ahead and decided I didn't want to mess with them, so I turned back and came to A&W. I chained up my bike, walked in, ordered, got my float, and sat on a rock wall nearby and ate it alone while listening to Arctic Monkeys on my mp3 player~
I then rode my bike over to a crosswalk where I saw a Mexican guy on his short bike with a little boy standing behind him, holding onto him. My guess was that they were brothers. The older, I didn't see his face, but he would have to either be my age or a bit younger. But we were all stopping at the light, and when it turned green I sped ahead, but as I stopped at the next light, I realized that they were behind me. So I waited there, and the light (after forever) turned green, and I pedaled off, and they headed towards Jack in the Box while I went towards my secret (sort of) spot by the railroad tracks and bounced on the spare tire lying there, and skipped across the tracks, looked for golf balls (it's right next to a golf course), found none, and snuck onto the golf course a bit to watch the ducks by the pond.
Then I returned to the library and took my shift for the Paws for Reading Program (which basically is a thing where little kids read to dogs... yeah, no idea, but the kids like it...) with a labrador named Mia, who either smells horrible or farts a lot.
And then I pedaled home, the end.
Rawr. Yeaaaaaaaah

No comments:

Post a Comment